Everybody loves pizza! However, they’re usually packed with unnecessary calories and are pretty much against most of our weight loss strategies. The good thing is we don’t have to completely give up on this delicious food. Like what I always say: SUBSTITUTE, do not eliminate. This recipe substitutes the unhealthy ingredients of pizza so you can enjoy it guilt free.
1/3 large head cauliflower or 2 cups cauliflower crumbles
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
1. Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse until fine. Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes, lay out on a paper towed covered tea towel, and set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. In a medium size bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste, and fold in parmesan.
4. Wring out all the moisture you can from the steamed cauliflower, add to egg mixture, and fold together. Roll out onto the baking sheet and form a 9’ circle pizza crust.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and add sugar-free sauce and mozzarella.
7. Return to the oven and bake for additional 10 minutes.