Avocados are tropical fruits that grow on the avocado tree, which is native to Mexico. They belong to the family Lauraceae. While most fruits have a low fat content and a high sugar content, avocados contain a great deal of monounsaturated fat, which is the healthy type of fat. About 85 percent of the avocado’s total calorie count can be attributed to fat calories. While fatty foods often have dieters running in the other direction, include avocados in your meal plan to reap the benefits of these healthy fats, which offer anti-inflammatory properties and a reduced risk of heart disease. It also helps your digestive tract absorb carotenoids and other fat-soluble nutrients.
eating avocados for weight loss
- Best Fruits to Buy Organic on
- Top 10 Healthy Food Swaps on
- The Problem Isn’t Your Stomach – It’s Your Brain: Why Willpower Rarely Aids Weight Loss and What You Can Do About It on
- LL Cool J’s Bodybuilding Meal Plan on
- Is Weight Loss as Simple as Losing Your Keys? What to Know Before You Take a Holiday Trip on