Are you running low on motivation to move forward on your weight loss journey? Do you feel like all your efforts do not materialize into your expected results? Experiencing “dryness” in our weight loss journey is normal. Almost everyone goes through it. However, those who have successfully achieved their goal weight have one thing in common—they did not let their moments of “dryness” discourage them. Instead, they used these circumstances as an encouragement to do better.
If you are on the verge of giving up, maybe the following motivational quotes will help remind you of why started this journey in the first place!
- “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James
- “Everyone faces defeat. It may be a stepping-stone or a stumbling block, depending on the mental attitude with which it is faced.” ~Napoleon Hill
- “Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.” ~Thomas L. Holdcroft
- “It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.” ~Old Chinese Proverb
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” ~Michael Jordan
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
- “Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” ~African Proverb
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” ~Maya Angelou
- “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown
- “Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~Oliver Goldsmith
Keep your eyes on your end goal. You were made to handle every hurdle in this journey. Just trust in yourself and never give up!